How to put the C# classes for editor into a new sln. file?

How to put the C# classes for editor into a new sln. file?

lesalgado47lesalgado47 Posts: 40Questions: 14Answers: 0

I have been experimenting with the sample tables that come with the "Download" files for .NET and now I want to start a new solution where I intend to start developing my webapp. What is the best way to transfer everything over to a new solution C# classes, api routes and reference files ?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,029Questions: 1Answers: 10,168 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I would suggest that you create your new solution and then reference the DataTables.dll file. That will provide all of the libraries offered by Editor on the server-side. When simply create new WebAPI controllers - the example project is nothing special at all - no custom setup in the routes etc.

This manual page details how to get started with using the Editor C# class.

Allan

• lesalgado47lesalgado47 Posts: 40Questions: 14Answers: 0

Oh ok, I read that in the documentation, i guess it helps to read it first. :)

Upon further inspection of the documentation I read that there are events from the DLL that I can subscribe to from the controller. I though I would have to add my own events and listeners to the C# classes. Great work with the documentation and making data tables easily extensible

Answer ✓

Thank you - great to hear you are finding the documentation to be useful!

Allan

I am moving a sln file to continuous deployment and I have the dll in the sln folder and I have made a reference to the dll in the references section but I keep getting errors, any hints of what I could be doing wrong?

Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "DataTables". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

My webapp is in Net 4.5 , is it possible that your sln file targets .Net 4.0?

It targets 4.5. If it were a problem with the .NET version I would expect the error message to reflect that. Instead it sounds like the DataTables.dll isn't being referencing the solution being used - or possibly it has been moved after referencing it?

Allan

My sln file is also targeting 4.5, and I downloaded the .Net sln file for the website again to remove the possiblity of the dll being moved after referencing. I also went into the sln file I am working on and I changed the reference to the WebApiExamples file I just downloaded. I'm not sure what else to look at........ .NET

should i move the dll file from the download and into the bin/debug of the sln file I am trying to get to work. As a side note the dll functions properly when I run the sln on local. However I am pushing the sln file to a Continuous Deployment slot and that is where "cannot resolve reference" error occurs.

Answer ✓

Ah - if it is working in one environment and not another, the issue is likely that the dll isn't being included in your deploy to the CI. I'm afraid there isn't much help I can offer there - you'd be better asking in a Visual Studio or CI specific forum.

Allan

I was able to fix this problem. the file path to the dll was a bit long and I had to go into the xml file and change the reference hint tag

This discussion has been closed.