Printing with too many columns...

Printing with too many columns...

newbie2016newbie2016 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

hi, i just recently discovered buttons extension for datatables..just want to ask if there's a way to print/export the table with more than 20 columns..thanks..

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin

Not really to be honest. The best I can think of would be to reduce the font size. Having said that, it's up to the browser to some extent - Buttons just creates a plain table and asks the browser to print it.

Do you have any suggestions on how it can be improved?

Allan

• newbie2016newbie2016 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

hi sir, thanks for your prompt reply..but sorry, i don't have any suggestion for now since i'm still learning the ins and outs of datatables..will play with it for awhile and hopefully, somebody would be able to help us out...thanks again...

I don't think it's so much of a problem with DataTables (I'm the author btw) but rather the inherent issue with trying to fit more content then there is width to display it.

Allan

• newbie2016newbie2016 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

wow, i'm honored that you took time to answer my query, sir allan...btw, i would like to thank you for your effort you put in building datatables..btw, i'm trying maybe i could make the TH text print in vertical way so i could save the column width and allow more columns to be printed..thanks again sir allan...

When the print box is shown, does it not include a "Page setup" option that would give the option to print in landscape rather than portrait?

Allan

p.s. Thanks for your kind words :-)

This discussion has been closed.