export PDF : don't print hidden elements

export PDF : don't print hidden elements

protomeprotome Posts: 25Questions: 11Answers: 1
edited June 2016 in Free community support

Hello - I have a problem with hidden elements still showing in my PDF export, and I don't know how to get them invisible.

I have hidden input elements and "labels+radio" in my table as :

<tr class="printable">
     <td>NAME</td>
     <td><span class="spaneses">NO </span>
        <div class="alleses dalleses uk-button-group data-uk-button-radio uk-hidden" id="infall">
           <label class="alleses uk-button uk-hidden" id="lnullinall"><input type="radio" class="alleges ballets uk-hidden" value=""  name="binall" id="nullinall" style="display:none;"/>NO</label>
           <label class="alleses uk-button uk-hidden" id="lnullinall"><input type="radio" class="alleges ballets uk-hidden" value=""  name="binall" id="nullinall" style="display:none;"/>Tracce</label>
           <label class="alleses uk-button uk-hidden" id="lnullinall"><input type="radio" class="alleges ballets uk-hidden" value=""  name="binall" id="nullinall" style="display:none;"/>SI</label>
  </div></td></tr>

<tr class="printable">
     <td>NAME</td>
     <td><span class="spaneses">blabla </span>
            <input type=text class="texteses uk-hidden" ></input>
  </td></tr>

classes alleses, ballets and textiles are DOM hidden (using uk-hidden), they are visible only on edit.

Now I have defined the print and pdf buttons:

buttons: [
               {extend: 'print',
                   exportOptions: {
                    columns: ':visible',
                      stripHtml: false,
                      rows: '.printabled'
                   },
               text:'print'
               },
           {extend: 'pdf',
                   exportOptions: {
                    columns: ':visible',
                      stripHtml: true,
                      rows: '.printabled'
                   },
                   text:'PDF'
            }
           ],

The print button works as intended - It prints what is shown on the web page at that moment. I get the columns and rows I want printed, and while I have not yet understood how to format and keep some colors on my export - I can leave it for now like this.

The PDF button has a problem: It shows the labels (NOTracceSI) of my radio buttons , that are normally hidden, as well as the correct value - while the input fields, which are also hidden are not visible in the PDF (which is what I want)

like this (first the value which is in the Span, then the labels)

NONOTracceSI
NOTracceSI
SINOTracceSI

I understand why the input fields (or the buttons themselves) do not show, since I said stripHTML : true.
How can I make the labels stay invisible ? I guess I must use the customize option, but everything I have tried has failed miserably, to the point I don't what to write there anymore.
If somebody can point me in the correct direction with an example or some explanations I will be very grateful

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,106Questions: 1Answers: 10,394 Site admin

The problem is that Buttons just strips the HTML tags from the innerHTML of the element. As sure it doesn't do anything about display:none elements. You would need to use a custom formatting function to handle that.

Not ideal I realise, but I don't currently know of a better way to provide the export.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.