Bootstrap Integration: form-inline and per-column filters

Bootstrap Integration: form-inline and per-column filters

AzaretAzaret Posts: 17Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

With the Bootstrap Integration the form-inline class on sWrapper is a bit annoying when we want filters on columns.
Having it on the wrapper prevent from having full-width input on the footer without overriding Bootstrap's .form-inline .form-control rule.
What I would suggest is to have form-inline on sDom instead, so you can keep the length input with auto.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Thanks for noting this - yes it probably should be on only the page length and search input container elements. I'll take a look at modifying that for the next major version of DataTables.

Allan

• gyrocodegyrocode Posts: 126Questions: 6Answers: 30

I just found as well that .form-inline is responsible for make table non-responsive if column filters along with Responsive extension are used. However removing .form-inline altogether doesn't have any effect on appearance of page length and search input elements. Maybe it could be removed altogether?

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

That is sounding like an increasingly good option. I've made a note of this to implement that.

Allan

• davidmdemdavidmdem Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I also ran into an issue caused by .form-inline's presence and wanted to support the suggestion to remove it from the wrapper.

This discussion has been closed.