Server-Side Processing Response

Server-Side Processing Response

nikkinicholasromeronikkinicholasromero Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited June 2016 in Free community support

Hi,

I was trying to integrate Spring MVC with DataTables when I encountered an error message. My table was not rendering any values. Hoping anybody could help.

Error Message :
DataTables warning: table id=room-table - Requested unknown parameter '0' for row 0. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4

Code Snippet :

$(document).on('ready', function () {
    $("#room-table").DataTable({
        "processing": true,
        "serverSide": true,
        "ajax": {
            "url": "rooms/getRoomForDataTable",
            "type": "POST",
            "contentType": "application/json;charset=utf-8",
            "data": function(data) {
                return JSON.stringify(data);
            }
        }
    });
});

General : Request URL:http://localhost:8080/rooms/getRoomForDataTable Request Method:POST Status Code:200 OK Remote Address:127.0.0.1:8080 Response Headers : Content-Type:application/json;charset=UTF-8 Date:Tue, 28 Jun 2016 09:16:32 GMT Server:Jetty(9.2.16.v20160414) Transfer-Encoding:chunked X-Application-Context:application Request Headers : Accept:application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01 Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflate Accept-Language:en-US,en;q=0.8 Cache-Control:no-cache Connection:keep-alive Content-Length:299 Content-Type:application/json;charset=UTF-8 Host:localhost:8080 Origin:http://localhost:8080 Pragma:no-cache Referer:http://localhost:8080/rooms User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.106 Safari/537.36 X-Requested-With:XMLHttpRequest Request Payload : {"draw":1,"columns":[{"data":0,"name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":1,"name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}}],"order":[{"column":0,"dir":"asc"}],"start":0,"length":10,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}} Response : {"draw":1,"recordsTotal":2,"recordsFilter":2,"data":[{"uuid":"uuid-1","roomNumber":"room-number-1"},{"uuid":"uuid-2","roomNumber":"room-number-2"}],"error":null}

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• nikkinicholasromeronikkinicholasromero Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

Changed my response field 'recordsFilter' to 'recordsFiltered' but it's still not working

• Tom (DataTables)Tom (DataTables) Posts: 139Questions: 0Answers: 26
    edited June 2016 Answer ✓

Hi

When using objects you have to tell datatables where to get the data for each column.

This is explained in the manual here.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response.

I changed my datatables initialization. I added the "columns" part. It now looks like this.
    }
    },
    "columns": [{
    "data": "uuid"
    },{
    "data": "roomNumber"
    }]
    });

But the request sent to the server seems to be incorrect.
    {"draw":1,"columns":[{"data":"uuid","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"roomNumber","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}}],"order":[{"column":0,"dir":"asc"}],"start":0,"length":10,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}}

Shouldn't be the "uuid" and the "roomNumber" be a value of the field "name" and not the field "data"?

Changing
    },{
    }]
    });

to
    "name": "uuid"
    },{
    "name": "roomNumber"
    }]
    });

fixed the request sent to the server. But got the same error message.

Hi Tom,

I noticed a difference to the response sent from the server between my work and the sample provided here.

Here's mine:
    {"draw":1,"recordsTotal":2,"recordsFiltered":2,"data":[{"uuid":"uuid-1","roomNumber":"room-number-1"},{"uuid":"uuid-2","roomNumber":"room-number-2"}],"error":null}

Here's from the sample:
    {"draw":1,"recordsTotal":57,"recordsFiltered":57,"data":[["Airi","Satou","Accountant","Tokyo","28th Nov 08","$162,700"],
    ["Angelica","Ramos","Chief Executive Officer (CEO)","London","9th Oct 09","$1,200,000"]]}

The structure of my "data" is an array of Objects. The sample from the documentation uses an array of arrays.

Please tell me there's a way to map an array of Object properly.

Thanks

edited June 2016

It finally worked. I used this initialization :
    }
    },
    },{
    }]
    });

I just changed my data type from the server-side to accommodate the mapping of a string "data" and an integer "data".

• Tom (DataTables)Tom (DataTables) Posts: 139Questions: 0Answers: 26

Glad you got it sorted out.

Thanks

Tom

This discussion has been closed.