Export Buttons for pdf and excel

Export Buttons for pdf and excel

gopalarora089@gmail.comgopalarora089@gmail.com Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

I just found datatables which are super easy to use.

I am trying to use Export functionality of Data tables for pdf and excel although It is working absolutely fine on Chrome/Firefox but when I am trying to do the same thing on Mobile Browser that is also chrome then only Print button appears while others are not.

To remind, Everything is working fine on system browsers so I am sure that I have included all the libs required. Is that mobile browsers are not supported or what?

I am stuck if I have to move further with Datatables or not... please help.

Thanks and Regards,
Gopal Arora

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 62,301Questions: 1Answers: 10,216 Site admin

Generally no - the mobile browsers are not supported since, what would you do with the file once downloaded? On Android it might be possible since there is at least the concept of a file system, but on iOS it isn't like you could save the file somewhere.

Feature detection is used (with the exception of Safari which just doesn't support the required APIs with no way of testing that), so if the buttons aren't shown, and you've included all the dependencies then the browser just doesn't support that ability I'm afraid.

Allan

• gopalarora089@gmail.comgopalarora089@gmail.com Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited July 2016

Thanks Allan,

I have to generate some reports in pdf format in a mobile application.

I found that I have to use HTML5 buttons to use it in mobile browsers which you have mentioned also but yes I am not able to export data in iOS as it doesn't have filesystem which is a sad :(

Still searching for some solutions that could accomplish my requirement in both iOS and Android.

Thanks and Regards,
    Gopal Arora

• allanallan Posts: 62,301Questions: 1Answers: 10,216 Site admin

I suspect you might need to create the PDF server-side and serve it up. However, I'm still not clear what you would do with it on iOS once it is created.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.