How do you only display results that do not have NULL values in a specified column?

How do you only display results that do not have NULL values in a specified column?

erbanacherbanach Posts: 18Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi there,

I have a question about PHP server-side processing with DataTables. Currently, I have the following columns being pulled in from the mySQL database:

$columns = array(
    array( 'db' => 'Client', 'dt' => 0 ),
    array( 'db' => 'EstimateNumber',  'dt' => 1 ),
    array( 'db' => 'Status',   'dt' => 2 ),
    array( 'db' => 'CurrentEstimateTotal',     'dt' => 3 ),
    array( 'db' => 'CreatedDate',     'dt' => 4 )
);

I want to include code here that only displays results that do not have a NULL value in the CreatedDate column. Is there an easy way to do this? Thank you for your help!

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,057Questions: 1Answers: 10,173 Site admin
    Answer ✓

This is with the demo SSP class is it? You would need to use the SSP::complex() method which allows you to specify a WHERE filter by passing in optional parameters. There are documentation comments for those parameters in the SSP class.

Allan

• erbanacherbanach Posts: 18Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

echo json_encode(
     SSP::complex( $_GET, $sql_details, $table, $primaryKey, $columns, $whereResult=null, $whereAll=null )
     );

Is this the correct function? What else do I need to add?

Thank you,
    Liz

• allanallan Posts: 62,057Questions: 1Answers: 10,173 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Yes - that's the one. So basically what you might do is:

echo json_encode(
      SSP::complex( $_GET, $sql_details, $table, $primaryKey, $columns, null, "myColumn IS NOT NULL"
    );

That will basically add WHERE myColumn IS NOT NULL to the SQL query (obviously update the column name as required :smile:.

Regards,
    Allan

• erbanacherbanach Posts: 18Questions: 5Answers: 0

Worked like a charm! Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.