the sDom parameter - Page 2

the sDom parameter

2»

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin
    As far as I am aware it is fixed. Please link to a test case showing the issue.

Allan
  • lheredysazzelheredysazze Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited October 2013
    Hi! I appreciate your product!~

I am curious if it is possible to get the Export CSV button provided by TableTools to show up at the bottom of the data table* instead of on top of it.

*correction: I previously typed 'graph'.

Basically I would like to have the export button show up underneath the data table instead of above it like in the examples here.
    What graph? Please link to a test page showing the problem.

Allan
  • lheredysazzelheredysazze Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Turns out the solution is to put the capital letter T at the end of the sDom string.

before:
    sDom: 'T<"clear">lfrtip', // TableTools buttons above datatable

desired outcome:
    sDom: 'lfrtip<"clear">T', //TableTools buttons underneath datatable
  • ddowdellddowdell Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I'm new to DataTables and I have a newbie's issues with the sDom parameter; I'm also on a tight schedule. Please, what is "sDom" : 'RC<"clear">lfrtip' telling me?
  • tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394
    sDom is explained in the docs:
    https://datatables.net/usage/options
    Thanks for responding, but I had already found that description less than enlightening. I seem to be able to find no description of the uppercase letters in the beginning of 'RC<"clear">lfrtip'.
  • nielslnielsl Posts: 8Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Agree, that's a weak spot in an otherwise very good documentation. It ought to be expanded with every possible key and meaning, plus a few more examples ..
    edited January 2014
    A quick forum search would show you that sDom parameters 'R' and 'C' represent the "extras" ColReorder and ColVis. If you are not using those extras, don't use those letters.
    Tangerine,

I appreciate your quick responses. However, I am using those extras and (despite my 20+ years as a developer and long-term jQuery experience) your answers are not helpful in finding the information in old forum posts. As far as DataTables is concerned, I'm a real newbie. Every forum is different and where to look for things is not always obvious to a newbie.
    I have almost no jQuery experience, and I have no idea "where to look for things" in this or any other forum. However, I was able to search for and find references to the sDom parameters 'R' and 'C'. If you still have a problem perhaps someone else will volunteer their time.
    This is an area of the 'extras' documentation that is lacking at the moment. I'm tackling the core DataTables documentation first, and will then tackle the extras documentation, but it is taking time I'm afraid.

Allan
  • SimondiSimondi Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited April 2014
    HI I think your datatable is very nice. I like to use it. But first, I want to ask you a question.
    Can I move pagination and search totally somewhere else in other dives like

I can remove the existing pagination and filter using something like
    $("#middleLeftDivVideo #dataTableVideo_length").remove();
    $("#middleLeftDivVideo #dataTableVideo_filter").remove();
    $("#middleLeftDivVideo #dataTableVideo_info").remove();
    $("#middleLeftDivVideo #dataTableVideo_paginate").remove();
    To add them somewhere else, I tried the following but it did not work
    $("#middleOuterDiv #videoListPaging").addClass('dataTables_paginate');
    $("#middleOuterDiv #filter").addClass('dataTables_filter');

Please help. Thanks,

Simon
    Sure - move it wherever you want using standard jQuery or DOM methods. appendTo() for example. See the jQuery documentation: https://api.jquery.com/category/manipulation/

Allan
This discussion has been closed.