Script Support for Small Screens

Script Support for Small Screens

nikananikana Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am attempting to use a fixed header for a table that will scroll in alignment with the columns under it.
(Refer to https://battlecalculator.com/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-max-cp-hp/ for example.)

Is it possible to get support for this?

Further explanation here:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fixedheader-horizontal-scrolling-issues/#post-8224532

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

In the WP thread you say:

the fixed header scrolls at a different rate than the rest of the table; rendering mislabeled columns.

Can you show me a screenshot of that - I'm not quite getting it.

Allan

• nikananikana Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you Allan for the inquiry.
    I've attached a screen cap, but it's easier to see live.
    If you go to the BattleCalculator weblink, and set your shrink your browser window down to the resolution of a mobile screen... you'll see how the fixed header pans faster than the columns.

(I've also noticed getting the fixed header to show up on a mobile device is not consistent. Sometimes it takes awhile of panning up and down to get it to show, but that's a different issue.)

I'm not seeing that on your site I'm afraid. What browser and version are you using?

• nikananikana Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm using Chrome, Version 53.0.2785.116 m (64-bit), and viewing it under 'developer tools'. But the issue also exists when viewed on the mobiles I've tested (Android and iOS).

Thank you for the screencap. Did you pan to the right?

Yeah, it appears to work panning to the right as well.

What settings did you have for your developer tools (I presume it was in a responsive mode)?

Allan

This discussion has been closed.