How to link to a table row ?

How to link to a table row ?

mquintelamquintela Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

I am trying to create a link from another page on my wordpress site that links directly to a specific row in my table. How can I do that?

Thanks!
Maria

Answers

• boicenetboicenet Posts: 47Questions: 12Answers: 1

Can you provide more details? I'm having a hard time envisioning what you are trying to accomplish. For example...

1. When a visitor to your site clicks on the link what do you want them to see?
    2. I presume the table/row is in the Wordpress database and not in an external database. Correct?
  • mquintelamquintela Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited October 2016

I will try to explain better;

I need to create an external link, that when clicked, jumps directly for any given row on that table. Something like HTML bookmarks function used to jump for specific page sections when the page is too long.

1- For example when visitor on my site clicks on the link i want it to jump for the row 42 42 on the table (just an example). Like a bookmark for that row.

2- The table is create using this plugin, so yes, it is on the wordpress database
    Thanks
    Maria

edited October 2016

Sorry, Maria. I'm still not clear on what you're wanting to do. I'm likely tired from coding all day today. I understand the bookmark reference you provided.

Will you have two pages? One that will contain the link and when the user clicks it they are directed to another page where they are to be taken to a specific row displayed within the Datatable?

• mquintelamquintela Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Yes, there are two pages.
    One with a map plugin, in which I intend to have a link associated with each marker that redirects the user to a specific row in the other page where the data table is.

Thanks for your help,
    Maria

Are you going to allow visitors to modify the specific row in the datatable on the second page? Or do you need need them to be able to just view the data in the datatable? Personally, I'd rather not have to redirect my visitor to another page just to read data. I would just retrieve the data and stay on the same page.

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

If you know what data you want to jump to, you could use this plug-in. Alternatively, if you know the page to jump to, use page().

Allan

This discussion has been closed.