Image issue

Image issue

Gaz96Gaz96 Posts: 20Questions: 6Answers: 1
edited November 2016 in Free community support

I have a problem with images not displaying correctly. Although they are there and will render absolutely no problems in an image placeholder outwith the table, they do not render in the datatable. Firefox property inspector reports them as text/html and not as PNG, which is what they are. Stumped - any ideas? Example http://www.systemx2.co.uk/sx2mobfreepicks.php

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,771Questions: 1Answers: 10,112 Site admin

In Chrome it is showing 404 errors for a number of the images. For example it is trying to load from this address.

Allan

• Gaz96Gaz96 Posts: 20Questions: 6Answers: 1

I know - it's weird. I tried to append a screenshot of the image directory from Filezilla which shows that image as being there but I can't. I'm completely stumped

edited November 2016

I tried to append a screenshot of the image directory from Filezilla which shows that image as being there but I can't

Are you getting an error or something? png, jpg and gif files should be no problem.

Do those files have the correct permissions on them?

Allan

No error except you're correct - Error 404 is occurring on ALL browsers. The png's and jpg's are all there on the hosting site, all set with the same permissions (0644), and all are viewable on the host site in cpanel. I'm trying to get in touch with my hosts to see if they can shed any light. It's very strange, especially as the very same files are viewable when not referenced by the table html.

edited November 2016

Hi Allan. Solved. I've committed an incredible schoolboy error - the image filenames are case-sensitive. I'm embarrassed - sorry for wasting your time.... :-1:

In my defence it's web-server which is using a case-sensitive file system........

Heh - I keep doing that as well. Keep telling myself that the next Mac I use will format it with a case sensitive file system and then never do...

Allan

This discussion has been closed.