Excel - Customise borders

Excel - Customise borders

KjellKjell Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi!
I'm using the excelHtml5 button and tried to style a row.
When using the sample code on https://datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/html5/excelBorder.html it works well but it does style every row containing the row number.

For example
$('row c[r*="2"]', sheet).attr('s', '25');
will style every row contaning number 2, e.g. row 2, row 12 and so on.

How can I style only row number 2?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,950Questions: 1Answers: 10,158 Site admin
    edited November 2016

If you have a look at the jQuery selector documentation, the *= selector is "contains". So you would just use c[r="2"] to get only row 2.

Allan

• KjellKjell Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited November 2016

Yes, that was also my first thought. I did test that plus som other home made variations but I never got it to work.
    I get no style at all with $('row c[r="10"]', sheet).attr('s', '25');
    The only time I successfully can style a row is with r*

It styles the row with c[r$="2"] also but cannot get it to work with c[r^="2"] or c[r="2"] (those works with my columns though)

I guess there's something wrong in my scripts and will try with a clean install.

• allanallan Posts: 61,950Questions: 1Answers: 10,158 Site admin

Doh - sorry. I'd forgotten how the r attribute works. It contains both the row and column information - e.g. E12 or A1, etc, which is why the example uses the "contains" selector.

Using:

$('row c[r="A2"]', sheet).attr('s', '25');
    $('row c[r="B2"]', sheet).attr('s', '25');

would work. But obviously isn't ideal.

What we really want is a regex selector, but I don't think jQuery provides that option.

I'm not actually sure what the best option for this is. jQuery supports custom selectors - it might be that this would be the best way to go for working with the Open Spreadsheet XML row c:row(2) for example.

Allan

• KjellKjell Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I don't have that many columns in this case so selecting A2, B2 C2...would be fine but since you mentioned regex I tried this filter james.padolsey.com/javascript/regex-selector-for-jquery/ and got it to work with
    (without knowing what I'm doing)
    $('row c:regex(r,^[A-Z]2$)', sheet).attr('s', '25');
    Anyway, it does style only the second row now :)

This discussion has been closed.