Internet Explorer with 100 Columns

Internet Explorer with 100 Columns

mu35limu35li Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

I am facing slow performance using Internet Explorer 11 and a lot of Columns.
As I can't provide the real data used in my table I am providing this modified jsFiddle from the server side processing example jsfiddle.net/ntcwust8/67/. It takes about 5 seconds to load the table. Is this the best datatables can do or is there a way to improve performance on tables with a lot of columns?

thanks in advance

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,740Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Does your real server-side processing return only 10 rows per request (as it should) or is it returning all rows, like the example you linked to?

Allan

• mu35limu35li Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited November 2016

Hey Allan,

Thank you for your awnser.
    It returns 10 to 100 rows depending on pagelength setting. So 100 lines as returned in the example is something we will come across

Okay, that's not what DataTables expects, like you can see in the example. It assumes that if you only have 33 records, then you can only return 33 records, and the last page (assuming a page size of 10) would contain 3 records.

Allan

• mu35limu35li Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hey Allan,

so the problem with the ie performance is, that I am returning 100 rows instead of 10 as specified by the pagelength parameter? So if I adjust the pagelength setting it will be faster?

Yes. 100 rows is 10 times as much work as 10 for DataTables to draw.

Having said that, 100 rows really isn't very many. We'd need a link to a page showing the issue to be able to profile it and understand why even so few rows are slow.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.