Jquery Datatable more than 1000 records

Jquery Datatable more than 1000 records

kkrishnakkrishna Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Has anyone used JQuery DataTables to show more than 1000 records? We have done an implementation that is able to show 1000 records using Jquery Datatable component in pageblocktable of salesforce vf page but hitting the limit when more than 1000 needs to be shown.

Please help.

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

What do you mean by "hitting the limit"?
    DataTables handles tens of thousands of records comfortably.
    Without seeing your code, or preferably a link to a test page showing your problem, I can't say any more.

• kkrishnakkrishna Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Collection size 2,200 exceeds maximum size of 1,000.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

Collection size 2,200 exceeds maximum size of 1,000.

If you are saying that you are getting that message from somewhere, then 1) please explain yourself properly, and 2) that is not a DataTables message.
    Without seeing your code, or preferably a link to a test page showing your problem, I can't say any more.

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Has anyone used JQuery DataTables to show more than 1000 records?

Yes, I've seen it being used with more than 20 million records.

Thee is no hard limit in DataTables. Here is a trivial example with 2565 rows for example.

Allan

• sliekenssliekens Posts: 97Questions: 17Answers: 2

Number of rows alone doesn't tell the whole story. I'm pretty sure you can have fewer rows if you have fat tables with tens or hundreds of columns.

I've had my app grind to a halt with only 23000 rows. Probably because I use many plugins (Buttons, Select, Keytable, Editor) and I attach many event listeners to the table.

This discussion has been closed.