Howto supply datasource to Child rows. Paid support did not work.

Howto supply datasource to Child rows. Paid support did not work.

datamaskinaggiedatamaskinaggie Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0
  • Howdy, my paid support is not working so I'm asking here.
  • I have the Grails datatables plugin working but I need to apply the Child rows (show extra / detailed information)
  • The ajax examples refer to data disk files. I am using an Oracle instance that is accessed directly with the GORM and the referencing domain properties.
  • Any examples of using a real DB would be much appreciated.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,971Questions: 1Answers: 10,160 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

my paid support is not working

Could you clarify in what way so I can check it out please? I sent a reply to your e-mail on the 2nd December but haven't heard back since.

Did you manage to get the row grouping working in the end?

Are you using child rows with the row grouping?

Are you basically looking to Ajax source the content of the child row from your database?

Regards,
    Allan

• datamaskinaggiedatamaskinaggie Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Howdy Allan, thanks for the reply.
    * Sorry about the email issue.
    * I edited my profile for all checkboxes for email.
    * The email address is correct and visible now in the profile prefs.
    * I have credits left but willing to up them again since I have about 2 weeks to solve this problem.
    * I have opted for just Child rows instead of the row grouping since it covers the requirements better.
    * And, I will eventually apply filtering which with Child rows will become the deliverable with your help.
    * I have the expected row data appearing using the <dt> tags displaying 3 of 7 columns.
    * The target is to Child row the remaining 4 columns.
    * Reading the doco and the examples (very good BTW) applying the API and Child row should be possible.
    * The PHP reference is appreciated but my needs are Grails/hibernate/GORM/service oriented but ajax could be used invoke a service method on groovySQL possibly.
    * If the remaining columns could populate the data array this would be ideal.
    * Better yet since it seems all the record column data is fetched the unused or hidden columns could be redirected to the Child rows.
    * Do you have a Spring MVC or Spring boot example if not a Grails service for fetching th e Child row data?
    * I am using a so-called Grails plugin grails-datatables.
    * If I have to I will uninstall the plugin and use just your datatables if that will ease development.
    * JDK: 1.7
    * Framework: Grails 2.5.0
    * IDE: Intellij
    * Plugin: grails-datatables

• allanallan Posts: 61,971Questions: 1Answers: 10,160 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for the extra details. I'm afraid I don't have any server-side examples for Spring at all - only PHP and .NET examples are provided for server-side stuff at the moment (I'm hoping to expand that range in future!).

However, as long as you are happy to get the data in the client-side scripts, I'm quite happy to do the client-side aspect and make that work!

So from your above response, it sounds like you want to include the information that will be shown in the child row, in the row's data object. Is that correct? If so, are you able to show me an example of the data that you are pulling out of the database (presumably you are able to feed that back in a JSON format)?

E-mail address is allan @ this domain.net if you'd like to send me anything that way.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.