Two tables - and one does not have zebra

Two tables - and one does not have zebra

mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1

I have a problem where I have two tables on the same page (@ http://miserver.dyalog.com , Tabs "Samples" & "Controls"), and one of them shows zebra-striping, the other does not. Looking at a td with Chrome's inspector, I see the source looking rather similar, but the styles being applied (and listed under "Styles") are different: only one of them has the "table.dataTable.stripe odd" class assigned to it, the other does not have that.
Both tables are created using compareable settings, so I'm puzzled why this would happen. What is the bext way to tackle such a debugging challenge? (Or does anyone perhaps happen to spot the fault? ;-))

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,705Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Thanks for the link.

What is the bext way to tackle such a debugging challenge?

Good question! Right click on the table and select "Inspect" in your browser. Then in the element panel scroll up to the table element and have a look at the classes assigned.

Then do that for the second table.

There is a difference.

only one of them has the "table.dataTable.stripe odd" class assigned to it, the other does not have that.

Actually, neither of them use stripe. Its a different class in that selector.

Or does anyone perhaps happen to spot the fault? ;-)

Yes, but I'm going to be a git and let you do the above to spot the difference ;-). Let me know if you don't and I'll stop being mean!

Allan

• mbaasmbaas Posts: 67Questions: 24Answers: 1

Thanks Allan, challenge accepted ;-)

Spotted the missing display-class (it got assigned to the wrong element after some reconstruction of the layout...)

This discussion has been closed.