Editor Localization: i18n.datetime for Japanese

Editor Localization: i18n.datetime for Japanese

PaulusPaulus Posts: 69Questions: 17Answers: 5
edited December 2016 in Free community support

The current configuration only makes it possible to display the calendar title as (Month Year)

Current: 12月 2016

Expected: 2016年12月

You can see an example in this JavaScript control if you set the language to "ja", Japanese

https://uxsolutions.github.io/bootstrap-datepicker

Anyway to fix this?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,089Questions: 1Answers: 10,387 Site admin

This little bit of CSS should do it:

div.editor-datetime-title div.editor-datetime-label + div.editor-datetime-label {
        float: left;
        left: 60px;
    }

Allan

• PaulusPaulus Posts: 69Questions: 17Answers: 5

Hello Allan,

You know very well this only switches the position of the year and does not meet the requirement.

Are you going to look into fixing the problems or not? There is too much headaches with this Editor stuff than I thought.

Actually, no I didn't.

However, re-reading your question I see that you would like to set the text that is shown next to the year. Is that correct? Unfortunately those numbers are generated using a simple for loop so there isn't currently a way to add that information to the display.

It is something I will look into for the next release, thanks for letting me know about this.

Allan

• PaulusPaulus Posts: 69Questions: 17Answers: 5
    edited December 2016

There are two ways of representing dates in Japan, the above (Gregorian calendar) and the Japanese Year, so it makes a lot of difference here.

The Editor datetime field type currently only supports the Gregorian calendar. However, other libraries with more comprehensive internationalisation support can readily be used via a field type plug-in.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.