DataTables Editor - can the edit form be a full page and scrollable

DataTables Editor - can the edit form be a full page and scrollable

obrienjobrienj Posts: 93Questions: 38Answers: 0

I know I can do inline editing and bubble editing with the Editor, but my data for a row requires a number of fields to be created/edited..

My current implementation for editing an item is a separate web page that is scrollable so all fields can be seen and edited.

Is this possible with DataTables Editor and, if so, is there an example?

Regards,
Jim

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,175Questions: 1Answers: 10,409 Site admin

Hi Jim,

There isn't a direct example of that I'm afraid as Editor focuses on editing in the same page as the source table. However, it is possible to do what you are looking for with standalone editing. The form layout isn't controlled by Editor using that method, so there might not be a big advantage to using Editor over a regular simple HTTP form, but it is possible with a little bit of work.

Allan

• obrienjobrienj Posts: 93Questions: 38Answers: 0

Allan,

Instead of a separate page, can I control the size of the bubble in such a way that it will scroll so all defined fields can be accessed.

Regards,
    Jim

• allanallan Posts: 63,175Questions: 1Answers: 10,409 Site admin

No - the bubble display isn't that flexible I'm afraid. You could probably modify it to contain a wrapper element that would have overflow: auto; and max-height: x, but that isn't something that the bubble display was really designed for I'm afraid. It was expected only to show only a couple of fields at a time (basically as an inline editor, but without disrupting the flow of the table).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.