DataTables 1.5 beta 11 released

DataTables 1.5 beta 11 released

allanallan Posts: 61,627Questions: 1Answers: 10,090 Site admin
edited July 2009 in General
Hello all,

With what is hopefully the final release before DataTables 1.5.0 goes final, I've just released DataTables 1.5 beta 11. This includes a number of bug fixes which are the result of my work on a suite of unit tests for DataTables. I'm delighted to say that these unit tests are now complete (minus an odd issue with sorting in Opera...), and it passes 1300+ tests in each of IE, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. This work is to make sure that DataTables is as reliable as possible for production use. :-)

So the next step is to update my documentation, and then I think it will be good to go. Please do continue testing these beta releases (it's now very stable!) and shout if you find anything odd happening.

You can download it here:
http://datatables.net/releases/dataTables-1.5.beta.11.zip

Full release notes:
http://datatables.net/download

Enjoy!
Allan

Replies

• BelisariusBelisarius Posts: 26Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Glad it's all going well. Have had a bit of a break from it due to other projects but will be returning to Datatables after my hols next week and looking forward to using some of the new functionality.

Andy
  • Niels HansenNiels Hansen Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    The 1.5. Beta is great. I have a couple of problems I've found with it using Safari for OSX. When I click the print button it goes to a full screen of the datatable. However the esc key does not work. I could not get the plugin to go back to my previous view. I tested it on several macs and its does not seem to work. It works great in IE and Firefox.

Niels
  • allanallan Posts: 61,627Questions: 1Answers: 10,090 Site admin
    Hi Niels,

Interesting - I suspect I might know what the issue is with the esc button. Run into that in some of my other software with Safari 4 (they rejigged the key events). To confirm, is it Safari 4 you are using?

Regards,
    Allan
  • Niels HansenNiels Hansen Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

Yes I'm currently running 4.0.2 of Safari.

Niels
    Hi Niels,

I've just released 1.0.3 of TableTools ( http://datatables.net/releases/TableTools.1.0.3.zip ) which should do the trick for you.

Regards,
    Allan
  • droartydroarty Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

I don't know if it is a bug or intended behavior...

Line 513 (below) assumes that sData is a string... I have been passing my data into the dataTables function and have included integers in past versions. Let me know if you want to accomodate numerical data or if I should ensure that the data passed into aaData is all strings.

Thanks.

Denis

_oExt.aTypes = [
    499 /*
    500 * Function: -
    501 * Purpose: Check to see if a string is numeric
    502 * Returns: string:'numeric' or null
    503 * Inputs: string:sText - string to check
    504 */
    505 function ( sData )
    506 {
    507 var sValidFirstChars = "0123456789-";
    508 var sValidChars = "0123456789.";
    509 var Char;
    510 var bDecimal = false;
    512 /* Check for a valid first char (no period and allow negatives) */
    513 Char = sData.charAt(0);
    Here is a proposed patch... to go at line 511:
    /* First check to see if sData is already a number */
    if(typeOf(sData)=='number'){
    if(sData!=Math.floor(sData)) bDecimal=true;// will this be correct for negative nums?
    return 'numeric';
    };
    in the if condition.. typeof, not typeOf... sorry about that.
    Hi droarty,

I've noticed that as well - and it's now picked up by the unit tests, so shouldn't get in again... What I've got in my development version is something very similar to what you have posted:

[code]
    /* Snaity check that we are dealing with a string or quick return for a number */
    if ( typeof sData == 'number' )
    {
    return 'numeric';
    }
    else if ( typeof sData.charAt != 'function' )
    {
    return null;
    }
    [/code]
    Either method should do the trick nicely.

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.