Space between Header and Body

Space between Header and Body

shashi0207shashi0207 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2011 in FixedHeader
Hi,

I am using datatables scrolling feature.

Everything is fine but, I am having space between table header and table body.

I want to attach the screen shot but not able to. Please let me know how to resolve this. I am new this forum.

Replies

• skarthikskarthik Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am facing the similar issue. Any idea how to resolve this?. Please help
  • skarthikskarthik Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    It happened in IE only. I have resolved this issue. First I placed "sScrollY" only. then I try to place sScrollX, sScrollXInner. The issue is resolved. Page looks good.

$('#myDataTable').dataTable( {
    "aaSorting":[[0, "asc" ]],
    "sScrollY": 500,
    "sScrollX": "90%",
    "sScrollXInner": "100%",
    "bPaginate": false
    });
  • allanallan Posts: 61,443Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin
    If you can give us a link to any of these pages which are actually showing the problem, that would be useful.

Allan
  • sosaucilysosaucily Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am having this issue as well. Using 1.8.2. I have the issue on firefox, chrome, and safari.

I am using blueprintcss to manage the width's of my modules on the page. The div of my 'datatables' table is 390px wide. When sScrollY is off, there is no problem (and a lot less complexity to the table code!), when sScrollY is on, the gap between header and body appears. The width appears to be correct at 390px when looking at the source...

Not sure. will investigate more, or perhaps try v1.9. Maybe the issue has something to do with using blueprintcss in my case.

Thanks.
  • frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks for that message, it helped me alot !
    I had the same problem, where there was a space between the header and body, the size of my sScrollY. I was only using sScrollY, but by adding sScrollX and sScrollXinner, it's working now in IE !!

[quote]
    $('#myDataTable').dataTable( {
    "aaSorting":[[0, "asc" ]],
    "sScrollY": 500,
    "sScrollX": "90%",
    "sScrollXInner": "100%",
    "bPaginate": false
    });
    [/quote]
  • frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Humm, I talked too soon. Still got the problem only in IE7. As soon as I sort, there's a blank space between the header and body.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,443Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin
    Can you try the 1.9 nightly please ( http://datatables.net/download ). I've recently put some fixes in for IE7 and scrolling.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.