Semantic UI Searchable Dropdown

Semantic UI Searchable Dropdown

nincsilyenxxnincsilyenxx Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hey

I'm using Semantic UI for the editor and i want to create a custom field type. What i want is a searchable dropdown.
The thing is that only half of the desired functions are working.

I tried jQuery UI aswell for their autocomplete with the visible options but that didn't work.

So im hoping someone can give me some hints on how to get this working.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

The jQuery UI AutoComplete isn't likely to style nicely in Semantic UI since they use significantly different styles - although it should technically be possible to use both at the same time.

Semantic UI appears to have their own search drop down and integrating that with Editor would probably be the best way to go.

Input libraries such as this can be integrated with Editor using a custom field type plug-in.

Allan

• nincsilyenxxnincsilyenxx Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for the answer.

Yeah i want to use semantic search drop down, and i did a custom field type, but its either a dropdown list (like select) or a text type where i cant even write.

Now i switched back to jQuery UI with that autocomplete and i think i have the same issue as i saw here in the forums where the autocomplete is not showing up.
    If i press the arrows after i hit a letter i can see my results showing where i type, but i cant see them in a list or something like that.

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

but its either a dropdown list (like select) or a text type where i cant even write.

It sounds like the initialisation of the drop down isn't occurring correctly in that case. If you have a link to the page, I could have a quick look and see if I can spot what is wrong.

Allan

• nincsilyenxxnincsilyenxx Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited March 2017

I made jQuery Autocomplete to work, had to increase the z index, i realized that the current index was 100 so i just had go above that, took time to figure it out :D

This discussion has been closed.