Will Editor work with dotnet core?

Will Editor work with dotnet core?

Bill KBill K Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited March 2017 in Free community support

Was curious as to whether the table Editor code would work on Linux for the new dotnet core that Microsoft has recently released?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,992Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

Not yet, sorry. There are a few other threads about this.

The key issue is that .NET Core doesn't support the methods that Editor uses for the database abstraction yet. As soon as it does, I can't wait to get Editor's C# libraries working on Mac and Linux.

Allan

• tavella@micro-systems.ittavella@micro-systems.it Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi,
    .NET Core 2.1 was released. Is it possible to hope that the editor will soon be supported by this platform?

• tavella@micro-systems.ittavella@micro-systems.it Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi,
    I have a project in .NET Core 2.1 and I bought a "DataTables Editor - 1 developer".
    Is there a workaround, even a difficult one to implement, to make "Datatables Editor" work in .NET Core 2.1 or do I have to mandatorily move to .NET standard?
    Any suggestion is welcome.
    Thanks for your precious support.

Yes! Editor 1.8, which we are working on at the moment will add .NET Core as the fourth server-side environment (if you count .NET Core and .NET Framework as different environments...).

I'll publish a beta Nuget of the server-side libraries tomorrow and send you the link.

Allan

• KasamaliHasanKasamaliHasan Posts: 11Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited September 2018

Hi Allan

I too am using Datatable / Editor with DNC.

Please could you inform me as well when ths beta is available

On a side note I have setup the editor to use excel style navigation in a DNC project.

However I am not able to get the POST parameters in the core's controller when the editor submits the changed data (in my case I have set 'allIfChanged').

For now I can update the database using my own repository if I am able to read the POST data in the core's controller

They are definately passed in by editor's ajax as 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8' as can be seen in the browsers developer tools network tab.

Please could you advice

Many thanks in advance

Sorry - it will be tomorrow now before I can release the .NET Core Nuget for Editor. I'll post back here when done with instructions on how to use it.

Allan

• SAC_DatatablesSAC_Datatables Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan,
    Looking forward to the .NET Core editor. Can we have an update?
    Thanks

After a bunch of unforeseen delays and various other things (apologies), I've just published a beta Nuget for Editor's server-side libraries that supports both .NET Core 2.1 and .NET Framework 4.5+.

The key difference for who Core works from Framework for this library is the registration of a database connection. If you already have a database connection (DbConnection or DbConnectionStringBuilder) you can pass that into the Database() class that these libraries provide and use as their database abstraction layer. If you don't have a connection already, you'll need to register it in the Program.cs - for example:

DbProviderFactories.RegisterFactory("System.Data.SqlClient", SqlClientFactory.Instance);

The actual API interface is as documented on the Editor web-site.

Feedback on how you get on with the .NET Core package is very welcome. I'm currently expecting to be able to release it as v1.8.0 at the end of the month.

Regards,
    Allan

• sidraysidray Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited September 2018

Bill K you can refer this website it has listed all the top code editors for the web development

Edited by Allan. Link removed - wrong type of "Editor" :)

This discussion has been closed.