Table scrolls to row when inline editor is opened

Table scrolls to row when inline editor is opened

finsight-akfinsight-ak Posts: 19Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi Allan! I'm having an issue where my table is jumping around in an undesirable way. After using Scroller to scroll to a row that's not currently visible, the table continues to scroll erratically when opening the inline editor on a cell. So first, the invisible row scrolls into view as the very top row of the visible area via row.scrollTo(), then I click a cell 5 rows down from the top. The inline editor opens (as it should) but that row I just clicked scrolls to the center of the viewable area. So now it looks like a different cell opened up than the one I clicked, but it's just that it shifted position.

Then if I open the inline editor on a cell that's 2 rows down from the top, it jumps down 2 spots or so, which is still jarring and confusing. It also seems inconsistent in the amount that it jumps. I can't discern a pattern.

I've tried listening for a scroll event and trying to stop it, but it seems like the behavior is buried in the Editor code somewhere?

Unfortunately the page itself is behind a private client site. I may be able to slice off an example to make public, but I wanted to check if you knew a fix off the top of your head.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• adallawayadallaway Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue. Thanks!

• allanallan Posts: 61,649Questions: 1Answers: 10,093 Site admin

I missed this at the time - sorry. Do you have a link to a page showing the issue so I can try to debug it? I suspect it will be some odd interaction with the Scroller extension. Does it start working if you disable Scroller?

Allan

This discussion has been closed.