.net Setup with visual studio for editor and datatables

.net Setup with visual studio for editor and datatables

INTONEINTONE Posts: 153Questions: 58Answers: 6

I have been using the PHP version of editor for some time and have created many enterprise level applications. As part of my new job, we are using a .net environment and it is very great to know that I do not have to learn a whole new tool to do .net with editor and datatables. My issue is setting up the proper .net project for editor and datatables. I have read the excellent installation guide but feels it stops short of helping a .net newbie like me. In the guide, it says we should open the downloaded files in .net visual studio. This is the part that I need clarity in. In essence, I just need the examples to work. I have already installed the sql server database. Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin

The .sln file in the .NET package is the one you want to open. That will open Visual Studio with the Editor demo project. Then you need to set the database connection information (described here) and run it. That should be all you need to do to run the examples.

Allan

• INTONEINTONE Posts: 153Questions: 58Answers: 6

Thank you so much I will give it a try.

• jon.steiner@gmail.comjon.steiner@gmail.com Posts: 15Questions: 2Answers: 0

I am having the same issue. I am using the DataTables.sln file you have given us.

Trying to follow instructions on https://editor.datatables.net/manual/net/installing

Problems setting up Database.cs:

/// </summary>
        /// <param name="dbType">sqlserver</param>
        /// <param name="str">I assume you mean the ConnectionString here for Sql Server Please confirm.</param>
        /// <param name="adapter">Set the database provider factory</param>

What is the Set the database provider factory? Where do I find it in your example?

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin

Sorry that's not clear. I'll update the instructions.

Its in the "Properties > Settings.settings" of the WebApiExamples project:

Allan

This discussion has been closed.