I have a html table with 250 000 rows...

I have a html table with 250 000 rows...

HyderHyder Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

... and datatables doesn't seem to work. Server side is not an option as this data is just archived information which may not be queried frequently.

I can change the datasource to json? would that be better?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,175Questions: 1Answers: 10,409 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Ajax loading the data means you could enable the deferRender option and get the benefits of that. That certainly is going to be the biggest change you could make to improve performance if you have 1/4 million records.

Allan

• HyderHyder Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks for the advice I've currently loaded up 150 000 (following the recommendation) and it takes a few seconds to load but once it has it works fine.

It would be worth checking the network tools in your browser to see how long the download of that data is. I suspect the majority of the time will be in downloading it to the client.

Allan

• HyderHyder Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

I did the following tests.

deferRender: true - load time 20 seconds
    deferRender:false - load time 46 seconds

The deferRender option shouldn't effect the HTTP download speed at all - that will only change the draw time.

What I think would be interesting here is to ascertain how long it is taking to download that data. For example, if it takes 19 seconds to download the data from the server to the client, there really any any changes that can be made to DataTables to make things faster.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.