Row grouping with collapse?

Row grouping with collapse?

ironandsteelironandsteel Posts: 17Questions: 4Answers: 0

I'm rebuilding an application that I built using ext-js many years ago. One really nice feature that toolkit has is row grouping with the ability to collapse.

I've employed row grouping per the example given here:
https://datatables.net/examples/advanced_init/row_grouping.html

Can anybody suggest a straightforward way to implement collapse/expand? Maybe a tree view instead?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,853Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

I don't think there is an easy way to do this in DataTables at the moment. Its something I've been thinking about recently as I've been working on a row grouping extension for DataTables. The limitation is really that to remove the rows we'd need to use filtering, but since the group is shown dependent on the rows that wouldn't work.

It would need a potentially major change in DataTables core to make this possible I think.

It is something I'm going to keep thinking about and looking into as I know it would be a useful feature, but there isn't an easy way at the moment.

Allan

• iecwebmastiecwebmast Posts: 66Questions: 9Answers: 1

Hello Allan,
    Have you been able to look into the row grouping with expand/collapse feature? I also need to update pages built using a previous version of datatables due to the flash dependancy of tabletools. To move to the html5 version I need to upgrade, but I am blocked by the rowgrouping issue.

• allanallan Posts: 61,853Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

Sorry no - this is not a feature that I'm likely to be able to work on at all this year doe to focusing on other aspects of the software.

To move to the html5 version I need to upgrade, but I am blocked by the rowgrouping issue.

DataTables has never supported expand / collapse row grouping. I'm not sure why this would block you from using Buttons?

Allan

This discussion has been closed.