Poor performance with responsive and big data (> 10000 rows of data)

Poor performance with responsive and big data (> 10000 rows of data)

alex_frogeralex_froger Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I just want to know if it's normal if when i click on icon responsive to show column hidden by responsive, it takes a long time to display ?
Basically, The more records there is, the longer it takes to display by clicking on the icon +.
Can we improve this?

An example with 20000 rows and responsive enabled : https://jsfiddle.net/alex_froger/Ldqcuf8y/

Best Regards,
Alexandre FROGER

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

No - that's not right. It really shouldn't take that long!

The problem here is DataTables' unique function. Its as fast an implemention as I've been able to get, but its still a double for loop, which means that on large tables the performance is terrible.

This is something that I know I need to look into as it effects anything to do with selectors with larger tables (the export for example gets hammered by this).

An object map might be a good option - I'll look into that.

Allan

• alex_frogeralex_froger Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

OK - Thanks a lot for the response.
    Do you know how long to solve this embarrassing problem ?

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I'm not embarrassed. On the contrary, I'm proud of DataTables :smile:. DataTables and its related components are complex bits of software and there will inevitably be areas where they can be improved.

Having said that, try DataTables 1.10.15 which I released yesterday. It contains a change which will significantly improve performance for this kind of interaction: https://jsfiddle.net/Ldqcuf8y/1/

Allan

• alex_frogeralex_froger Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Good. Thks allan.
    I'm proud too about Datables, it's an amazing libraries.
    You really do a good job

Alex

This discussion has been closed.