Create new table record without opening a modal and instead use input field under table?

Create new table record without opening a modal and instead use input field under table?

CapamaniaCapamania Posts: 229Questions: 79Answers: 5
edited April 2017 in Editor

Is it possible to create new table record without opening a modal first and instead use input field underneath the table? Similar to a forum or chat widget?

If yes, how could this be accomplished?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Currently no - sorry. That feature will require multiple inline editing capabilities in Editor, which isn't currently possible I'm afraid. Inline editing is limited to a single field at a time, so it isn't really suitable for adding multiple records.

Allan

• CapamaniaCapamania Posts: 229Questions: 79Answers: 5
    edited April 2017

Too bad ... but thanks Allan. One more try ... and what about putting the message table in the Editor modal (e.g. in a custom template)? I read somewhere in the forum (can't find it right now) that It's possible to add a table in the Editor modal? ... So my thought now is why not put the message/chat table in a 'create new record' modal and place it above the input field and when sending the new record to the database don't close the modal and update the table instead? Can you image this could work or am I completely off track? :-)

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

You'd need to create a custom field type plug-in that would use a DataTable as a field. That is something I'm going to introduce in future, but there are a few other things I want to get done first.

You also run into the issue that Editor doesn't currently support two different Editors being in edit mode at the same time. That also is something to be addressed in future.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.