Delete removes from UI, not backend database

Delete removes from UI, not backend database

jacob.steinbergerjacob.steinberger Posts: 86Questions: 18Answers: 1
edited May 2017 in Bug reports

This one is a bit odd. Switched from MySQL to Oracle and just noticed that when deleting, it's removed from the UI, but not the database. I'm currently assuming the SQL is passed, but a commit never occurs. Still digging into the code, but reaching out to see if anyone has already seen this issue and developed a fix.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• jacob.steinbergerjacob.steinberger Posts: 86Questions: 18Answers: 1

Looks like the commit might be unrelated, still researching what might be the root cause.

I can create a simpler datatable/editor definition and the delete/remove feature works. Still trying to figure out what's going sideways.

Ok, I found the problem, and it was (as you can guess) on my end. The root cause was my migration from MySQL to Oracle and the way the two databases reference schemas/databases and tables.

In my first migration, I listed as columns as schema.column, because of errors produced during data parsing. This caused me to also have to reference columns as schema.column. I think this ended up creating confusion somewhere, but the fix again, was to:

Editor::inst( $db, 'schema.table')

And then limit the fields/data to just the field name. Instead of fields/data being:

columns: [
    { data: "table.fielda" }
    ]

No idea how I managed to muck up my config to such a degree, but, there we are.

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Thanks for posting back - great to hear you've got it working.

Better schema support is most certainly something that I plan to work on for Editor in future.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.