Possibly to fix DataTable header and footer somehow?

Possibly to fix DataTable header and footer somehow?

GerardoGerardo Posts: 66Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2011 in FixedHeader
As opposed to thead and tfoot (let's call that head and footer vs current top and bottom)

Thanks,
Gerardo

Replies

• GregPGregP Posts: 487Questions: 8Answers: 0
    Not sure I understand the description of the problem. Are you saying that Allan should NOT use the tags "thead" and "tfoot"? I also don't see anything called "top" and "bottom" that are currently being used.
  • GerardoGerardo Posts: 66Questions: 0Answers: 0
    No, asking if the divs on top and bottom of the main table, but outside of them (let's call them DataTables header and footer) would be easy to Fix.
  • big-dealbig-deal Posts: 38Questions: 0Answers: 0
    If I understood you - you want to "fix" the div's bellow and over the datatable (Where the pagination and search are).
    But, what do you mean by "fix"?
    Do you want them to look different? If so - just alter them on the css.
    Do you want to add there something?
    What do you mean by "fix"?
  • GerardoGerardo Posts: 66Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Fix as in FixedHeader.

Basicallly, my header has a custom search field, and my footer has a summary. So the idea is to have them visible at all times.

Thanks,
    Gerardo
  • GregPGregP Posts: 487Questions: 8Answers: 0
    Oh, I SEE! Fixed as in the less common second meaning of the word. Sorry, for some reason I just didn't make that leap.

Judging by the description, I'm surprised FixedHeader doesn't already do that...?

Still, even if by accident, big-deal has the right idea. It's just CSS. You would have to have a 'container' for the table, with position set to relative. Then you could use position:absolute on the required elements.

I could have sworn that either with FixedHeader or with built-in functionality, this is already possible? If not, I guess my above advice still applies.
This discussion has been closed.