Datatables Interfering with bootstrap

Datatables Interfering with bootstrap

DanielM96DanielM96 Posts: 3Questions: 3Answers: 0

I am working with data tables and i am using the data tables download builder the elements i'm including are bootstrap styling, include library, include data tables, buttons, html 5 export , PDF make, print view and select. Based on whether or not styling is included for bootstrap certain elements of my page will break such as modals by instantly disappearing or bootstrap drop downs not working at all. If i don't include styling some of the elements within my data table break e.g. my paging becomes just a list with no css. Is there way to fix this as i am planning to take down the files locally shortly so is there something i can edit in them to fix this.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin

Happy to take a look into it if you post a link to a test page showing the issue.

Allan

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

I thought I was having the same issue so I copied my stuff to JSBin (we are inside a closed network)

It works there. http://jsbin.com/rikihad/71/edit?html,output

Guess I need to start comparing

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

Ok, found my problem. I included bootstrap.js with DataTables and had it included on its own so It was being loaded twice.

you would have thought I would have learned my lesson by now. Did the same thing with jQuery last year. However, the issues were much more subtle so it took me a while to figure that one out.

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin

you would have thought I would have learned my lesson by now

Pfft - I do it far more often than once a year!!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.