Table display incorrect until column header is clicked

Table display incorrect until column header is clicked

galcottgalcott Posts: 53Questions: 15Answers: 1

I posted this 4 days ago and haven't gotten an answer so I'm trying again.

One of my tables is being displayed incorrectly, with 2 problems:
1) Column headers are misaligned.
2) A column containing 2 icons is too narrow, so that the icons display vertically instead of horizontally.
This display is shown in the first screen shot. As soon as I click on a column header the display changes to the way it should be, as in the second screen shot. I have 2 other tables that do not have this problem although they are defined almost identically. Here is the code for the table:

dtFormulas = $('#tblFormulas').DataTable({
   ajax: 'sqlprocs.asp?proc=getformulas',
   language: {'emptyTable': 'No formulas found'},
   dom: '<"top"f>rt<"bottom"p><"clear">',
   paging: true,
   scrollY: '350px',
   scrollX : false,
   scrollCollapse : true,
   paging : false,
   select: {style: 'single'},
   columnDefs: [ {
     targets: 2,
     data: null,
     width: '50px',
     defaultContent: '<image src=edit.png title="Edit" class=editherb_png>&nbsp;<image src=delete.png title="Delete" class=deleteherb_png>'
           }
   ]
});
1.jpg 27.1K
2.jpg 33.4K

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394

I have 2 other tables that do not have this problem although they are defined almost identically.

"almost" identically? What are the differences?

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Very likely the table is being initialised hidden and then made visible. Is that the case? If so, you have to use columns.adjust() when the table is made visible.

Allan

• galcottgalcott Posts: 53Questions: 15Answers: 1

Allan,

I'm not sure what you mean about being initialized hidden. But the table is inside a jQuery UI dialog widget and maybe that's the issue. I don't know how familiar you are with that plugin, but the dialog is created initially with autoOpen false, then opened when a particular button is clicked. So I've tried putting the line

dtFormulas.columns.adjust().draw();

in the open and focus events of the dialog but it doesn't work. Is there some other place I should put this code?

• galcottgalcott Posts: 53Questions: 15Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

Ignore my previous message. It was a stupid error in my code. It's working now.

This discussion has been closed.