RowGroup + Responsive + ChildRow

RowGroup + Responsive + ChildRow

chris.durhamchris.durham Posts: 8Questions: 3Answers: 0

For others
When using the above combination I found it useful to alter the dataTables css so that the selectors like

table.dataTable.dtr-inline.collapsed>tbody>tr>td:first-child:before,table.dataTable.dtr-inline.collapsed>tbody>tr>th:first-child:before{}
table.dataTable.dtr-inline.collapsed.compact>tbody>tr>td:first-child:before,table.dataTable.dtr-inline.collapsed.compact>tbody>tr>th:first-child:before{}

changed to

table.dataTable.dtr-inline.collapsed>tbody>tr:not(.group)>td:first-child:before,table.dataTable.dtr-inline.collapsed>tbody>tr:not(.group)>th:first-child:before{}
table.dataTable.dtr-inline.collapsed.compact>tbody>tr:not(.group)>td:first-child:before,table.dataTable.dtr-inline.collapsed.compact>tbody>tr:not(.group)>th:first-child:before{}

This stopped it trying to draw the + icon on the rowgroup headers

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

Very good point - thanks for pointing that out. I'll update the RowGroup CSS to not render into such rows.

Regards,
    Allan

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

Fix committed here. I've used a slightly different approach, but one which I think will stop this occurring with anything else that manipulates the rows in the table's display.

To get Responsive and RowGroup playing together properly, you will need [the fix from this thread
    (https://www.datatables.net/forums/discussion/42447/) as well. I'll release both pieces of software with the patches soon.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.