Multi row editing always submits full row data

Multi row editing always submits full row data

amanaV36amanaV36 Posts: 20Questions: 9Answers: 0

Hi there,

i am currently implementing multi row editing. I have a problem with the submitted data to the server. No matter how i set the submit mode, on multi row editing it always submits full row data. This leads to serious problems on the server side.

Am i doing something wrong? Documentation says this should work:

editor.inline( this, {
onBlur: 'submit',
submit: 'changed'
});

But it does not. Always full row data.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin

Hi,

What version of Editor are you using please? Also are you using any other software such as KeyTable, RowReorder, or anything else that interfaces with Editor?

Finally, inline editing does not support multi-row editing at this time since you can only have a single field in inline editing mode at a time.

Regards,
    Allan

• amanaV36amanaV36 Posts: 20Questions: 9Answers: 0

Hi,

we are using version 1.6.2. Yes we are also using RowReorder.

Yes what we have is a combination of inline edit and multi row editing .we are using the edit button with select as in the examples. And the inline edit on cell click.

The generated multi row editing popup unlike the inline edit on a single cell, always submits full row data.

Let me ask another way. Is it possible to set the submitmode for the multi row editing?

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Okay, I understand now - thank you for the clarification. I was a little confused as the code above only shows the use of inline editing.

The main form will, as you say, by default submit all parameters. If you want to change it to submit only those which have changed values you can do so with the formOptions.main object on initialisation - specifically set its submit option to changed.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.