memory save

memory save

aakash guptaaakash gupta Posts: 5Questions: 3Answers: 0

when we fetched the data that shows it data table i think the entire data is saving in data table's memory.
so i have two questions.
1. where is this data saving in this memory(on the local machine or on the browser or on the server) ?
2. The entire data which are showing in the data table is totally secure if not then how can we do it ?

any help will be appreciable.
Thanks in advance
Aakash

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,853Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin
    Answer ✓

If you are using client-side processing, then yes, it will have the full data set in the browser's memory (i.e. client-side).

If you use server-side processing, then only the data visible for the page displayed is downloaded to the client. Please see the manual for more details.

The entire data which are showing in the data table is totally secure if not then how can we do it ?

I don't really understand the question. If the user can see it, then, well, the user can see it. How would you secure that?

Allan

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

Sounds like you need ssl or something like that. You are talking about positively identifying the user, determining their access and showing them data in a secure way, which is beyond the scope of DataTables.
    You never send anything to a client machine that you do not want the client to see.

• aakash guptaaakash gupta Posts: 5Questions: 3Answers: 0

thanks a lot allan...

This discussion has been closed.