Datatables paging resizes and slick slide

Datatables paging resizes and slick slide

duggyduggy Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have a datatable in a second slide. This table has a significant amount of data and cause the Slick slide to be incredibly "tall". When I slide to the datatables slide the page "fires" off the paging and then resizes to a decent height, showing 10 rows, however the slide still remains incredibly tall forcing any element after the slide to be at the bottom of the page.
Has anyone encountered this? It feels like the datatable is not paged when it is not visible (as when you slide over you can see the datatable with many rows and then a second later the table resizes and the buttons appear for exporting etc).

I feel that if I was able to tell the table to resize even if it wasnt visible then the slide wont be "tall" to support or hold the unpaged table.

Answers

• duggyduggy Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

After more research. It is as if the slide is setting the height based on the un-paged datatable rather than the paged datatable. So the height is setting for the size of 100 rows rather than the height of the 10 rows paged table.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,317Questions: 26Answers: 4,772

I'm not familiar with the environment you are using but generally columns.adjust() can be used to readjust columns when a hidden Datatable is displayed.

Kevin

• duggyduggy Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Let me explain in more detail:
    I have a slick slide where I show a graph. The second slide has a datatables in it. Lets imagine I don't deploy paging. The table is then 50 rows high, causing the encompassing slide to be incredibly high. Therefore any other element after the slick slide is at the bottom of the page after this huge empty space.

So I turned on paging. Now the table is only showing 10 rows. I would have expected the slide to now be a little bigger than the datatables 10 rows. However it still remains incredibly tall as though the table is still displaying all 50 rows.

This discussion has been closed.