Is it possible to use multiple SQL tables for the data displayed in the table?

Is it possible to use multiple SQL tables for the data displayed in the table?

mmcnair80mmcnair80 Posts: 83Questions: 21Answers: 7

I am working on creating a report builder that will allow users to select columns from multiple tables to be displayed in their report.

I'm wondering if there is a way that DataTables already has built in that would accomplish this?

I already have a way to get the table names and column names for the user selects. I can create a SQL query from that, but it won't be dynamic like using DataTables.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,801Questions: 85Answers: 406
    edited August 2017 Answer ✓

"I already have a way to get the table names and column names for the user selects. I can create a SQL query from that, but it won't be dynamic like using DataTables."

Why is it not dynamic if you have found a way to do this? I guess you would send the user selection to the server via ajax, execute your SQL and send the result back to the client. Sounds pretty dynamic to me! What am I not getting here?

• mmcnair80mmcnair80 Posts: 83Questions: 21Answers: 7

@rf1234 You are correct. I figured it out. I have everything processing server side using a set of files called ServerSide.php and FilterSort.Class.php. I had to set up these to process the data correctly, which I had not done before posting this question. Now that I'm getting things setup it's mostly working. Still have a few bugs to work out.

This discussion has been closed.