Two different pagingType on a single table?

Two different pagingType on a single table?

lolwattanamelolwattaname Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited August 2017 in Free community support

All,

I'm currently using DataTables.js for tables within my MVC.NET application. Another team in my organization is using AngularJS and they're using the Angular framework for their tables. I have a requirement where I need to make the pagination of my datatables look like tables the other AngularJS tables.

On their tables they have two methods of pagination. They have a pagination control that is similar to paginationType "full_numbers", but they also have something that is likely like the "input" pagination plugin type.

Is it possible to have multiple paging controls of different types on a single datatable? After all my attempts and research I'm leaning "no," but I was hoping for confirmation from Allan or the community before I throw in the towel.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,322Questions: 26Answers: 4,773

You might be interested in this discussion from yesterday:
    https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/44326/adding-a-skip-to-page-function#latest

Kevin

• lolwattanamelolwattaname Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have the Input plugin already but I can't get both on the datatable. The pagingType is either "input" or "full_numbers." I suppose one way I could get both pagination control is to re-write or override the code that generates the pagination to render both... but I'm hoping that'll be a last resort.

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

There isn't an option for that in DataTables. You would need to construct the second one either using a feature plug-in or external functions that listen for the draw event.

Allan

• volmohammedvolmohammed Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I have the same problem as there is any solution to this problem ??

This discussion has been closed.