New DataTables Download Builder - Additional Languages?

New DataTables Download Builder - Additional Languages?

JoyrexJoyrex Posts: 92Questions: 14Answers: 3

Allan,

First off, thank you for updating the DataTables Download Builder - having Bootstrap 4 Beta 1 as an option is really convenient!

I did notice that when I chose the option to compile and minify the download to save on server requests, it resulted in a 2.1 MB file (expected with the Extensions I chose), but in viewing the minified file, I noticed a lot of Chinese characters in it, which I am assuming is multi language support.

Is there an easy way to remove any other languages besides our preferred one based on usage, or could this be an option in the Download Builder? I think it may reduce the overall compiled size. Likewise, being able to choose specific languages in the download would allow for convenience where multi language scenarios are required.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I noticed a lot of Chinese characters in it, which I am assuming is multi language support.

Actually that is very likely to be the JSZip code, since that uses UTF8 characters to represent the binary values it needs in the zip file. Try building without JSZip and I think you'll mostly only see ASCII characters.

Allan

• JoyrexJoyrex Posts: 92Questions: 14Answers: 3

@allan - you are correct (as usual)! I did build it with JSZip, and now understand why there are other languages in the combined file. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.