Bug with colreorder and statesave with keytable

Bug with colreorder and statesave with keytable

Shashidhar.nkShashidhar.nk Posts: 21Questions: 5Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

I have 3 dependent dropdowns depending on which datatable will be destroyed and re-initialised. i use colreorder, stateSave and keytable feature too.
Problem am facing here is, say initially datatable is loaded with some data and columns are reordered and keytable is focused on some cell, den if i choose any option in the either of the dropdowns, datatable loads with new data but in table header, the re-ordered column header disappears, and a console error saying, "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'column' of undefined" on the line 'dataTables.keyTable.min.js:12'.

thanks & regards,
- Shashidhar

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Hi Shashidhar,

Thanks for bringing this up. Can you link to a page showing the issue to I can help to debug it please. Can you also make sure that you are using the latest versions of the software.

Thanks,
    Allan

• Shashidhar.nkShashidhar.nk Posts: 21Questions: 5Answers: 0
    edited September 2017

Hi Allan,

I updated versions of the software and checked again. But now the problem is bit different.
    Problem is,

1. the reordered column 'header', changes its position EACH time, as i change either of the dropdowns, and i dont get any error messages in console this time.

2. and also if i reorder a column which has got key focus, then after reordering, if i move through the table using key navigation, the previously focused cell and the new cell both are 'focused'. and it gets focused out when i again move through that cell particularly.

here is debug link:
    debug.datatables.net/ijuriw

help me out..

thanks & regards
    - Shashidhar

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Thanks. Could you give me a link to the page showing the issue please?

Allan

Hi Allan,

Actually the same problem am facing, as mentioned here in a thread

live.datatables.net/kololufo/3/edit

Hi Allan,

Here is a Updated Software Version, its a test example,
    http://live.datatables.net/mecekeso/1

the same problem, after destroying the table, is what exactly am facing now.
    i.e. Column header rollsback each time destroying the table and reinitialising it.

• YaniYani Posts: 24Questions: 7Answers: 0
    edited October 2017

Hi there. Have you found a solution to this problem?

I'm having the same issue when there are no rows upon page load.

Edit; My bad, I was running version 1.3.3 and have updated to 1.4.1. The problem is fixed now.

This discussion has been closed.