Adjusting bower dependency version number (in DataTables Responsive-Bootstrap)

Adjusting bower dependency version number (in DataTables Responsive-Bootstrap)

halloeihalloei Posts: 23Questions: 6Answers: 0

I'm pulling in datatables.net-responsive-bs via bower into my project. This package itself has datatables.net-responsive as dependency.
In the new version (2.2.0) of datatables.net-responsive, there's a bug (which was already fixed in an unreleased commit).
To avoid that bug, I've tried to require version 2.1.0 of datatables.net-responsive-bs, hoping that 2.1.0 of datatables.net-responsive was installed. But always the latest version is required (see here).

Shouldn't the version in that line match the version of datatables.net-responsive-bs?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Yes it should, and it does appear to in the 2.2.0 release.

Prior to 2.2.0, there was indeed a bug with the version dependencies just using >=... rather than a specific version.

Allan

• halloeihalloei Posts: 23Questions: 6Answers: 0

It seems you forgot to fix the version in the bower.json, too. Please have a look at my pull request.
    Thanks Allan, you're doing a great job!

Darn - yes I did. I'd rather the styling used an exact match rather than a * for the minor release since the styling might also need to have bug fixes or dependencies in the main library.

I'll get the bower requirements fixed as well.

Allan

edited February 2018

Hi Allan,

could you please pull in 2.2.1 of DataTables/Responsive in the DataTables/Dist-DataTables-Responsive repository, to make it installable via Bower?

That should be done automatically. I'll take a look into what is going wrong there.

Allan

Hi Allan,
    have you had time to take a look into this?

This discussion has been closed.