customize view for print button

customize view for print button

g.h.a.d.e.e.rg.h.a.d.e.e.r Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited October 2017 in Free community support

Hi Guys,
i am viewing certain data in a table (datatable) on my web page, but what i need to print is same data but in different view, is it possible to customize the view i want to print through the print button?
Thanks in advance :)

Answers

• advaniaadvania Posts: 35Questions: 13Answers: 0

you can set different types of focus for the excel, pdf buttons.. maybe for print too? i havent tried but this is my code for Excel export button, just add a exportOptions search applied and it focuses to export only the data filtered by search.

hope that helps.

{ extend: "excelHtml5", className: "btn btn-default btn-sm btn-primary", text: "<i class=\"icon glyphicon glyphicon-save-file\"></i> Excel", exportOptions: { search: 'applied' } }

• g.h.a.d.e.e.rg.h.a.d.e.e.r Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

thnaks for your reply.
    it is quite an idea but it is not what i am seeking for, i am looking for changing the columns viewed not the rows themselves. anyways it won't matter any more because i found out that print button is not functional with server side.

• micksmicks Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

if what you want is to select the columns to be printed you can check this answer
    https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/31730/datatables-buttons-hide-columns-in-printing-and-exporting-to-excel

This discussion has been closed.