Make all links in a dataTable open in a new tab/window?

Make all links in a dataTable open in a new tab/window?

mchughmchugh Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited October 2017 in Free community support

I've tried all the usual jquery methods of doing this, but none seem to affect the links within a DataTable.

Is there a known way of doing this?

I'm using the "Inline Google Spreadsheet Viewer" plugin for WordPress, which uses DataTables for display.

I have a column of URLS, which are made links, but want to add a target="_blank" to all or otherwise open a new tab/window when the links are clicked.

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

How are you creating the URLs? That would be the obvious time to add the "target" attribute.

• mchughmchugh Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

The "Inline Google Spreadsheet Viewer" plugin for WordPress automatically makes a column of URLs into HTML links, but there's no target.

I've also posted in its support forum for a possible solution as well.

I was mainly just wondering if anyone knew of a way via JS of applying the targets after the fact that would work, if all else fails.

• allanallan Posts: 63,096Questions: 1Answers: 10,390 Site admin

The "Inline Google Spreadsheet Viewer" plugin for WordPress automatically makes a column of URLs into HTML links, but there's no target.

This isn't something that DataTables will address in that case.

However, you could use something like:

$('#myTable a').attr('target', '_blank');

That's really more of a generic Javascript question for StackOverflow kind of thing rather than DataTables specific though.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.