Html5 Pdf button printing slang characters for jstl tags inside columns of dataTable

Html5 Pdf button printing slang characters for jstl tags inside columns of dataTable

shrutig8shrutig8 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I am using Html5 export buttons (Excel,Pdf) for my dataTable. Both works fine except following case:

My jsp is having jstl tags (logic tags) inside td of my table like <logic:lessThan>.....</logic:lessThan>, <logic:greaterEqual>....</<logic:greaterEqual> etc.

When I export pdf of this page, it is considering these logic tags and prints garbage characters sequence along with other data.

Can anyone suggest how to avoid the same?

Thanks in advance,
Shruti.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

The PDF export should be stripping out all tags. If it isn't, can you link to a test page showing the issue please.

Allan

• shrutig8shrutig8 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, Thanks for the response.

I am not sure whether I can create jsfiddle with my struts taglibs to show the exact issue.
    Yes pdf export strips all other tags but not exporting properly when in comes to particularly jstl tags.

Still I will try to show the example for the same.

Thanks,
    Shruti

• allanallan Posts: 61,840Questions: 1Answers: 10,134 Site admin

This is how Buttons strips the tags so anything which is inside <> no matter what the tag is should be removed. If that isn't happening, I would indeed need a test case.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.