Bubble editing problem

Bubble editing problem

TomBajzekTomBajzek Posts: 163Questions: 36Answers: 1

I've enabled bubble-editing for the first column only in a DataTable that is otherwise working fine. It appears that the width I've styled for the column in the DataTable is affecting the bubble-editing panel: Data in this column should be 3 characters or less, and I had styled its width to be 4% of the table, which would normally have a widt of about 1,000 px. When I click the column to invoke the bubble-editor, the editable field appears without the data, and I can't gete the cursor to appear in the bubble. However, If I drag across the bubble, type, and hit Update, I can replace the contents of the field. I could see nothing wrong with my code or styles. By experimenting, I discovered that constraining the width of the column in the DataTable to any usefully small percentage, pixel count, or em value causes the bubble-edit panel to be too narrow, and behave in this manner. I tried styling the width to be 10em, 30% or 100px, and that works fine; however, this widthfor the column is unacceptable.

(Inspecting the bubble-edit input field shows that datatables.css:2561 is setting the width to 100%.)

I don't see why constraining the column width in the table should affect the input field width in the bubble-edit panel in this way. It works OK if I don't set the width of this column at all, but this uses up too much horizontal space for the column in the table.

Should it behave like this, and are there any recommended ways to set the column width in the table without affecting the bubble-editor?

Thanks,
Tom

This discussion has been closed.