show Loading... during upload?

show Loading... during upload?

loukinglouking Posts: 259Questions: 52Answers: 0

https://editor.datatables.net/reference/field/upload fileReadText can be used to control the text shown "when a file is being read before it is uploaded"

My upload takes a bit of time, and there's no indication to the user that the Create window has even accepted his file. I.e., I still see "Choose file..." during the upload. Is there any way from Editor methods or options to control the text while the Create window is waiting for the ajax response?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

While the file is being uploaded, Editor should be showing an upload percentage.

Are you able to give me a link to your page so I can take a look and see why that might not be working?

Allan

• loukinglouking Posts: 259Questions: 52Answers: 0

This isn't hosted live at the moment, still debugging the rest of the application on my laptop.

I am probably a few days away from trying to get it working live. At that time I can probably change permissions so you can access the application, assuming you have credentials for google. My application requires a google login, and the ability to read/write to a particular drive folder.

Just so you know, the time uploading to the server is combined with upload time (which Editor might be able to determine a %age), and additional processing on the server which takes some time, before the server can send the response back to the Editor form.

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Little update on this - thanks to @louking settings up a demo for me, I've added a processingText option to the upload and uploadMany types which will show the text Processing by default (configurable with that option) when the upload has completed and while the client-side is waiting for a response from the server.

This will be available in Editor 1.7.1.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.