Length Menu Option Showing me one record less in table using serverside processing

Length Menu Option Showing me one record less in table using serverside processing

sunilnimblesunilnimble Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello Allan,
I selected All option in lengthmenu to display all option but when check the records i found that the last record is missed. Total record count is perfect but actually one record is less when i use "-1" option for all.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 62,338Questions: 1Answers: 10,228 Site admin

Please see this thread which asks exactly the same question.

Allan

• sunilnimblesunilnimble Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for Your reply allan, i gone through it and i tested my server response and i found there that in the response all data are properly comes means all the data are available, but when it going to create a table it misses one record out of all. BTW for your information i am using pipeline for serverside processing.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,700Questions: 26Answers: 4,842

As I mentioned in this thread the pipelining plug-in doesn't seem to be written to take into account the page length of -1. You have the option to make changes to the plug-in to meet your requirements.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 62,338Questions: 1Answers: 10,228 Site admin

To be honest, if you give the option of displaying all records with server-side processing enabled, all you are doing is adding network latency to your application. You might as well just load all records up front and let the client-side do the processing.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.