problem when table is empty.

problem when table is empty.

WillWill Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited August 2009 in General
the page can not get the styles of the DataTable and displays the following error: "sData is undefined" and not show the message "No matching records found." how can I solve this? agree to this error, and show the message?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,716Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin
    Hi Will,

I presume you have tbody and thead defined as shown in the requirements: http://datatables.net/usage ? Do you have a link you can give us?

Allan
  • WillWill Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Can not make the link, is running localhost.
    And even then, the site is restricted to customers. = (
    [code]

Clientes

$(document).ready(function() {
    $('.dataTable').dataTable( {
    "bPaginate": false,
    "bLengthChange": false,
    "bFilter": false,
    "bSort": true,
    "bInfo": false,
    "bAutoWidth": false,
    "aoColumns": [null,null,null,null,
    { "sType": "num-html"},{"sType": "num-html" },{"bSortable": false },
    { "bSortable": false },{ "bSortable": false },{ "bSortable": false } ]

} );
    } );

C
    Hi Will,

I've just tried your code exactly in DataTables 1.5 beta 11 and it works great. DataTables renders it's controls and shows a "No matching records found" information label. Which version of DataTables are you using?

Allan
    Hi Allan,

I can not say, but the beginning of the use it was at the beginning of July.
    = /

My boss who asked me to make some changes and improvements in the DataTable.

but this plugin is excellent, so I leave the scales of the system ok, but lack even the issue of "No matching records found."
    I know the version of the DataTable that I'm using, to facilitate my life =) and know what to look for.

Will
    Hi Will,

I'd try sticking the latest 1.5 beta into your site and seeing if that helps :-)

Allan
    Allan,

The DataTable is the version of 1.4.3

but has many mdifica
    Ah! I'm afraid 1.4.3 is no longer supported - in fact you might be able to see from the site that 1.5 is now the 'stable' version. It might be possible for you to back port a fix from 1.5, but I suspect that a 'diff' would be quite large! It would probably be easier to just fix it in 1.4 in fact... The first place to look is probably in the detect type functions if you do try to fix it in 1.4.

Regards,
    Allan
    ok, I will try to solve the problem using the same version. I report any problems = D
This discussion has been closed.