Typo in controllers/staff.js (node.js editor demos v1.7.1)

Typo in controllers/staff.js (node.js editor demos v1.7.1)

990consulting990consulting Posts: 23Questions: 7Answers: 0

In the node.js demos (v1.7.1), there is a stray "debug(true)" on line 12 of controllers/staff.js. This causes a type error, preventing the table from loading. Deleting the debug(true) causes it to work as expected.

Replies

• 990consulting990consulting Posts: 23Questions: 7Answers: 0

Correction: the page loads, but when you create a new entry and hit "create," nothing happens--it shows the animation in the upper right forever and nothing is added to the DB.

edited January 2018
    stack: TypeError: (intermediate value).debug is not a function
        at /home/www/dt_demo/controllers/staff.js:12:49
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at next (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
        at Route.dispatch (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at /home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22
        at Function.process_params (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
        at next (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
        at Function.handle (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:174:3)
        at router (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:47:12)
        at trim_prefix (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
        at /home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
        at Function.process_params (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
        at next (/home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
        at /home/www/dt_demo/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:635:15

• allanallan Posts: 62,338Questions: 1Answers: 10,228 Site admin

Thank you! I'm sorry - this is a bug in the client-side Javascript. I'm working on tagging 1.7.2 with the fix just now.

Allan

• allanallan Posts: 62,338Questions: 1Answers: 10,228 Site admin

That's 1.7.2 released now. The only changes are to address the submission of data when creating a row and removing that debug statement in the node staff example.

Thanks again and my apologies for the trouble.

Allan

Works like a charm. Thanks for your quick response on this. I'll test all the demos and post to a new thread if I run into any issues. You've got a great product here.

This discussion has been closed.