Is my version of dataTables.js recent enough to use editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-ed

Is my version of dataTables.js recent enough to use editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-ed

joellerjoeller Posts: 48Questions: 9Answers: 0

Hi guys; I originally downloaded and added to my project in 2014 DataTables version 1.9.4 Last spring another programmer updated the version to 1.10.15. As I recall he had some difficulty and I later had to go in to correct some functions whose parameters had changed, or whose usages had changed.

I would like to add in the simple inline editing that I've seen displayed on the web site currently. However, it says it uses 1.10.16.

I would like to know if I can still use the same 1.10.15 with this editor, or if not, what do I need to look at in the way of changed functionality.
In addition, we are still using jquery 1.11.1 while the example says it needs jquery 1.12.4. So I wonder do you know what kinds of Jquery and Jquery-UI tools will be broken by updating that library, or what kinds of Data Table tools will be broken by not updating to 1.12.4?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The current release of Editor will work with DataTables 1.10.15 no problem. Having said that, 1.10.16 is not a major update from 1.10.16, there should be no issues in upgrading.

In addition, we are still using jquery 1.11.1 while the example says it needs jquery 1.12.4

The examples use 1.12.4, but don't require it. jQuery 1.7+ is supported.

Allan

• joellerjoeller Posts: 48Questions: 9Answers: 0

Thanks Alan; That is exactly what I needed.

This discussion has been closed.